When it comes to selling a house, home sellers must know about how much effort it takes. The home up for grabs must look perfect and amazing. A lot of work, especially painting, goes into making the house look spotless, modern, and amazing. There are some things that home sellers do, though, that they really shouldn’t. Also, there are some things that home sellers often forget to do when it comes to painting. If this is your first time selling a home, here is a quick guide to what to do, and what not to do to make your walls look amazing.
What to Do:
- Examine the walls carefully for any unappealing qualities and repair all damage. This includes holes and cracks or uneven surfaces.
- Blend the color scheme of the home to make it look brighter and more inviting.
- Prime all walls before painting. This is just common sense for any kind of painting.
What NOT to Do:
- Don’t paint over laminate products, such as those you may find in the kitchen. The paint chips up from laminate cabinets and makes the kitchen look trashy and cheap.
- Don’t use too much gloss on wall finishes as they can dry in a splotchy way and look uneven.
However you decide to paint, explore your painting methods. One new method you may want to look into is the Paint Zoom. This product is perfect for those who must finish the home in a timely fashion. There are barely any real Paint Zoom problems, but if you are curious about the pros and cons of the product, you can find Paint Zoom reviews online.